View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 06:12 AM   #1
Mispeld

M.O.C. #31266
Looking to purchase 2016 3711FL - Slide Leaking??

Camper needs a lot of work and has been in storage.

The driver’s side living room slide:

Bottom of the couch was damp around where your feet would rest around the middle. The carpet under the slide was wet in the same area more towards the "L" shape of the sofa/floor vent.

Also - the fiberglass on the bottom of the slide underneath on the outside sags a bit and I can push it with my hand like it has become delaminated. This slide is the one where it doesn't have the black tyvek stuff like the other slides. It is not solid like the others where you can knock on it and have a hard, dense surface. The fiberglass panel also has a small crack and indent from sliding on the roller. I am unsure if this is normal or if maybe water has damaged the floor of the slide and caused problems.

There was a small boatload of pine needles trapped on and in the top slid/seal when it was retracted so perhaps the leak was coming from there? I also see a small 1/4' gap on the bottom left when the slide is pulled in and seals as you go up, top, and back down the other side.

Floor on the actual camper seems solid and I see no signs of damage nor any moisture or water below in the basement.

Price seems right but may not be much meat left on the bone if there are serious slider issues. Carpet and couch needed replacing anyway. I'm not sure if I should walk.

1. Is the fiberglass on the bottom of the slide normal? It has flex to it when you press it.

2. Is the small indent from the roller and the crack an area of concern?
Mispeld is offline   Reply With Quote