View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #4
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Hi Rick,
Unfortunately you are going to find several challenges related to achieveming what you want based upon what you have shared so far. First the relatively low wattage panel which in real world environments does not produce nearly the rated wattage will be hard pressed to appreciably charge what I assume are PbSO4 batteries. Next with the kids that you want to run you will be needing to provide a significant charge source to recover the battery. The heat alone is a significant draw. One night of running it and you could already be down to battery discharge floor. Next based upon a single 190 watt panel I seriously doubt you will ever get through the absorption phase of a charge cycle. So theoretically your battery will live between 50 to let’s say 90% SOC. However because of the limited charge source for practical purposes this will more likely be 50-70%SOC. Now add in just running the heat and you see you have a very narrow operating range. Now add in a fridge and I don’t think your battery and charge source can keep up.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote