View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 11:53 AM   #22
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
mUSt bE spECial

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
I have to disagree with your broad categorizations of people. I've seen liars and honest people in all professions; I've worked with some engineers that have been less than honest and some sales people who have been among the most trustworthy folks I've worked with.

And in the case of "the person you are talking to at a rally", at the recent virtual rally those were not junior folks, but included Sam Lengeritch the Montana Product Manager. A product manager is a position that has to balance all of the needs of product development; everything from the engineering to the manufacturing, to the sales and marketing development... they have to keep all of the buyers like us happy, while also keeping all of the suppliers and shareholders happy and profitable too. IOW, Sam has a job that is likely far more complex, with far more moving pieces than any of us "armchair experts" on this forum.

I don't like that the supplier manufacturers keep changing their minds on what is or what is not warranty approved, but I also understand that this is a complex environment and that there is a lot more to the story than we may understand.

Brad
really don`t care, but the answers keep changing with the wind and people answering them. There position in the company means nothing.

here is a good example from the other thread on the board.

"Interesting to hear Lippert is saying the MorRyde IS system will void the frame warranty. I discussed the MorRyde with a Lippert rep at the 2018 Rally. He stated the IS system wouldn't affect the frame warranty.
I am wondering if this has anything to do with them introducing the Lippert Center Point system?
I am going to follow up with Lippert regarding this."

Yes I`m sure these weren`t junior people either. The engineers I dealt with for 30 years must have been a different breed than the ones up North. Peoples lives usually depended on their decisions so no funny business.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote