View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Very good repair. Plus other than labor possibly way cheaper than buying a replacement door which at last check are way pricier than they should be, but appropriate because the part description probably has the letters RV that can really drive up the price.

But I'm curious, what do you call a person with no money or skills and plans to do something stupid? That could have been a lot worse, especially since it looks like you backed up at an angle.
Hi

When I called Keystone they had no idea how to go about getting me a door. After several minutes of absolute gibberish I just gave up.

All I can say about an RV owner that isn’t handy with tools and has no money is be very careful. LOL

However about a year into this rescission there were a lot of folks at RV parks around Florida that had lost their homes and moved into an RV. I helped several of them with repairs they couldn’t pay for.

Actually the angle saved the day. Because of the angle I didn’t damage the door jam or door frame. Surpassingly it didn’t make any noise. I do all parking and backing with all the windows down and in idle unless necessary to use throttle to make it move. I was at idle when I felt it hit the trailer.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote