View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #5
aarailfan

M.O.C. #26850
Fixed - final update

After replacing the controller and a few times leveling it with no issues in storage, the first time I set up in a campground it immediately started having problems, especially with campsites that sloped down towards the rear of the RV. The new controller was giving a "RF Jack Error" as soon as I would start the auto level sequence. I was able to manually level the camper but was concerned about future failures, especially after reading about people having their jack suddenly collapse. (See this thread: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...sue-66739.html)

I decided to order new jacks for both sides since the motors seemed fine. You may have to search around for this as I had trouble locating the correct part for just the jacks without the motors. I was able to find them at etrailer.com and they arrived a few days later.

Installation is pretty simple:
  1. Support the front of the RV, either by hooking it up to the truck or supporting it with jacks/jack stands
  2. Remove and set aside the propane tank to access the jack
  3. Remove the motors from the top of the RV jacks by unplugging the 2 harness connectors, removing the 2 attaching bolts, then lifting off the motor.
  4. Remove the landing pad by pulling the pin
  5. Remove the 2 bolts clamping the jacks to the frame
  6. Carefully lift the jacks out of the camper
  7. Remove the bolts holding the extension pin in place, then remove the pin
  8. Reverse the instructions to reassemble with the new jacks.

When I compared the new vs. the old jacks, it took very little effort to turn the knob by hand on the new jacks. I could with much effort turn the knob by hand on the old LF jack, but even with pliers I couldn't turn the RF jack.

Replacement of both jacks took me less than an hour and the leveling system will now auto level the RV every time without sounding like it's working so hard. Hopefully these jacks last me at least the 6 years that the old ones did.
aarailfan is offline   Reply With Quote