View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 08:27 AM   #32
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
These campers will last a long time if it you take care of them especially if you keep them inside while not in use. The airstreams will last forever problem is I’m not going to last forever. I just need my camper to last as long as I do.
Lynwood
I agree with you. It is the exterior and zero water infiltration which what makes them last. If you have a roof leak. Mold and rott take over. It is all about maintenance. A well cared for unit will last a very long time, Maintnance is the key. Upgrades have almost zero dollar return.
Your ideas and improvements may not necessarily agree with the buyers on a used unit. But it generally is better than a stock unit provided they are done properly.

I have friends that live nearby. They have upgraded to a MDT for towing. Great people and They have a Much newer unit than mine.
I'm going to visit steve and Bonny soon just to stop in and say hi.
Our sons use to be friends. Unfortunately steve lost fingers battling a table saw. He restores furniture (antique) for a living. His wood shop barn style is wonderful. I do not believe he is a member here.

I will mention our site when I visit. Good people and Love Camping.