Thread: Air Flow Issues
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 10:01 AM   #18
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTaylor View Post
Yes totally agree with what you are saying. Except there are 2 vents cut in the side wall which basically just lets more air flow through the room. They are cut into the plumbing area under the bathroom. So the room isn’t starving for air, I made sure of that. Just wish I could add or “T” off a duct line to add another AC register. Thanks for the help. Will also look into RVairflow.com

I'm having trouble envisioning the return vents as you've described. I'm familiar with pass through vents through side walls as well as jump tubes over the top of residential walls leading to a hallway area ceiling opening, but I'm wondering how "cut into the plumbing area UNDER the bathroom" is accomplished? If you want to perform a visual test of your relief vent's effectiveness, tape a 12" length of toilet tissue to the ceiling a/c vent and note the difference in deflection with the a/c running with the door open and door closed + towels stuffed under. One thing you don't want to do, is vent any air flow to the basement area under the floor. That would create a negative pressure in the camper which would draw in exterior air. Glad to see young parents introducing their offspring to camping at an early age!
JMAC
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote