View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 09:53 AM   #87
Pat2002
Established Member

M.O.C. #20698
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandBmalin View Post
One can't argue against the technology improvements in today's vehicles, however. My F350 has adaptive cruise control that will not only slow down my truck, but completely stop it if necessary. If someone pulls out in front of me, it is on the brake faster than I can get there. The back up sensors detect cars traveling up/down rows in parking lots that I may not catch as I'm swiveling my head looking for people wandering around aimlessly glued to their cell phones. Even though I'm still in control of my vehicle, the technology provides a level of safety that picks up where the "distractable" human, even the best of us, may fail. I'll still handle the backing of my 5th wheel even if the truck can someday do it without me. That's part of the fun/challenge of owning this beast!!
One problem that has happened to my friend while using adaptive cruise control on his new f250 it some how detected a metal bucket on the shoulder of Interstate 5 near Salem Oregon and slammed the brakes on doing 65 mph. The Ford dealer told him that is known to happen but they have no way to fix the occasional false response that can happen from that or going around slight corners when it sees the guard rail as a stopped car. Freightliner seems to have that issue with this issue also with adaptive cruise control. Sure would not want this issue to arise while pulling my Montana.
Pat2002 is offline   Reply With Quote