View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 11:41 PM   #1
Monty_Jim
Established Member

M.O.C. #29288
Has Montana Warranty or Construction Changed?

Hi all!

This is my first post here. My wife and I are about to finalize an order for a Montana model 3855BR with the Legacy Package to use for full timing starting next spring for the next several years.

I have been doing an incredible amount of research and pretty much determined Montana is the way to go. I’ve looked at most high end makes and models and just keep coming back to Montana and the 3855BR. For example, we looked at the Jayco Pinnacle line, which I really like, but I still feel the Montana beats it in overall design and layout. A lot of folks promote the Pinnacle wide body vs the Montana, but they don’t realize the Montana has deeper slides it seems (especially the bedroom slide), which more than makes up for the extra 5 inches of space in areas you don’t notice it anyway. For these sort of reasons is why the DW and I feel Montana is the way to go, but I have a question absolutely no one has seemed to address anywhere and I just don’t trust dealers enough to get into this.

Here it goes:
Looking back through previous years of Montana brochures as I have, I noticed that pre 2019 they went to great lengths to promote their industry leading insulation and greatly detailed the construction design of the Montana line. They also made specific reference to their Warranty applying to Full Time RVers. This was the case until the 2019 brochure.

Starting in 2019 they have nearly gone silent on the 4 season aspect of the Montana line, removed all details relating to construction methods and don’t even mention the full time use warranty now.

I’m really interested if anyone else has noticed this and if something changed in this regard or Montana simply decide to not take part in the endless games of promoting and misrepresenting cold weather use as so many manufactures do???

Jayco for example makes specific mention of all of the above and promotes how they test their units in different climate conditions. Did Montana cut back this level of quality and no one noticed is my main concern?

Plus I find the lack of mention of the full time warranty interesting. Does it still apply?

Of course going full time these questions are very important to us.

Any thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Jim
Vancouver, BC
Monty_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote