Thread: Teton Pass
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #22
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellD View Post
We went over from Jackson Hole headed W towards Idaho to get to West Yellowstone a couple of years ago. At the time I had a Ram 3500 SRW SB pulling our 3730FL. I should have paid a little more attention to using the trailer brakes in some descents, to save my TV brake pads. Engine brake works flawlessly and really made the descent easy. My biggest problem was DW in the passenger seat freaking out about speed. We never went over 29 MPH going down. It is a different experience for passengers altogether - especially those afraid of heights. Altogether it is a safe road and should not be a problem for the equipment you have. I have since bought a dually and would love to make that trip again.

Your comment reminds me of a time my parents and the kids (including me) went up to Pikes Peak. They didn't do a lot of "traveling" and certainly not up mountain roads with no rails etc. As dad drove up the road the side just disappeared into a big "hole" as mom thought. She was not only terrified but just beside herself. She literally crawled into the floor so she couldn't see out. I thought it was hilarious but I know she was scared to death. Once we bought a mountain vacation home at 9k ft. we took her there. No big dropoffs (to us) no dangerous anything and by the time we got there she was on pins and needles. They were to stay a week but after 3 days I took her back because she couldn't take it. Never thought about someone being afraid of those things but have encountered a few since then that I had to take home when taking them 4 wheeling.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote