View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Chief726

M.O.C. #26478
Thumbs up 2020 Montana 295RL Water Leak (Fix)

After one month of ownership we experienced a water drip from the A/C vent directly below the rear (living room) air conditioner. Logically my first thought was condensation from the A/C collecting in the vent run and dripping down through the vent. After some testing and with the help of a couple passing rain storms, I determined the water wasn’t a result of condensation. It turns out, after removing the A/C and revealing the opening, the factory installed silver HVAC tape around the entire opening. This very bad manufacturing practice wasn’t allowing the rubber seal between the bottom of the A/C and the surface of the roof to properly seal, thus allowing rain water to leech under the tape and enter into the vent run. I simple removed all the extra tape, while leaving the required amount to seal the duct seams together. Reinstalled A/C, leak checked the seal and good to go.

Worth noting, this only applied to the rear A/C. I checked the fwd A/C and there was no extra HVAC tape used. Since I haven’t read of anyone having this issue, I suspect this only applies to 2019/2020 builds from the factory.

I hope this helps all my friends who own the 294/295 RL’s in the forum. Aim High - Chief
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EE758A9E-3BED-415D-A34A-C6670B852384.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	6953  
Chief726 is offline   Reply With Quote