View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Great post!
You are dead on in your assessment. Part of the blame is on the consumer for seeking the lowest bidder, I remember the owner of a local restaurant telling me that he did not expect me to be the lowest bidder, but he wanted good quality service and speedy response. I had his account for 15 years after that.
Most business are not like that, but this guy is a success in his business and knows how the deal works...
I can tell by your post that you would be a great service provider, at least we can take pride in our business knowing we served our customers well.
I stopped at a real nice bar that had recently changed ownership. They had spot lights above the bar counter where you sat, the nice flat screen TV's were high behind the bar area, you were blinded by the lights, couldn't watch the TV's. I asked the general manager to come over and see the bar from a customers viewpoint, he wouldn't even come over to look. That attitude will carry over in his food, staff selection and the lack of caring will tank that business. If you don't listen to the customer, you are doomed for failure.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote