View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #45
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
Its crazy how things wear , that 2008 had lot of mile on it in those 12 years . Up into Canada , down south etc etc . About a year ago I took one apart could not get grease into it, not a sign of wear on bronze bushing nor any on the shackle plates . Only other thing I had to do in that 12 years was replace the shear springs , thats when I also replaced the position of the wet bolt to take grease.

IMO my 12 year experience trumps you 4 years Its either put together right ,and IMO everything was right ,and the wet bolts were greased properly the X-factor did its job, I checked tongue on everything ,especially the leaf spring bolts . etc etc. . And no I never worried about my suspension either, everything was done right, I know because I'm the one that did it. :thumbs:

I do understand the IS ,if someone has continually had problems ,but with four different fifth wheels ,and not single issue, other then shear springs ,and thats not an issue ,thats a wear item . Its a pretty tough sell for someone like me, thats not had problems ,and have taken care to not do so .

Yeah I hear you. my only guess is were heavier than most. With the is on there now I'm just shy of 14k on the axles.

We are nearing retirement and I believe this camper will be the last one. Upgrading it to make it as good as possible is much cheaper and getting another one.

Besides I don't think I'd buy a newer one anyway all the issues reported on here about them.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote