View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 10:01 AM   #41
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSFORD99 View Post
Early on with my 2008 3400RL , I did the reinforcement ,wet bolts , and X-factor all three areas . Never had a moments problem with suspension in over 12 years. I am sure IS is great ,but the leaf spring suspension can be made sound for a fraction of the cost of IS. Leaf spring suspension has been around a long time . To start even the shackle plates are nearly double the thickness on the wet bolt upgrade , X-factor takes out a lot of the side flex that gets hanger brackets etc etc .
Been there done all that before. Repalaced the entire suspension in 2016. New springs/ u-bolts/ wetbolt kit/ the hole 9 yards. All zerks were greased before EVERY trip. 8k miles later upon inspection of those removed parts at Mor ryde and the bronze bushings were worn in half again. Spring hole eyes worn. The IS is money WELL spent, and I dont worry about the suspension any more.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote