Thread: Gestapo?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 AM   #54
Shooterdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8905
I see that this is still a subject of some interest to most so I will at the risk of scrutiny raise a point about this . A couple years ago I posted about people coming from the northern part of the country to the Desert Southwest .I wont get into the details but it was about the Safety of crossing the border and the vulnerability we face in doing so, no racist comments, no bashing , just real facts from myself ( someone who lives close to the border and who is more familiar with Mexico than most). The thread was closed , and I was sent a PM explaining why , this time the subjects was guns, once again no bashing by me, no political, religious , or racist comments and yet again shut down, I did get an explanation the next day by the admin and an apology ( which I appreciated ). I wasn't reprimanded or warned about the subject and I don't feel as though the MOC owed me an apology, but it was a nice gesture.

To those that have posted that this subject matter doesn't belong on an RV forum, and that say there are other forums these subjects should be used for you are WRONG.Yes there are other forums , but in the context I was using them they certainly apply to the RV lifestyle I can completely understand that if it is something that doesn't interest you then fine don't read it or watch it...change the channel .

There are many subjects that on see on this very forum that I have absolutely no interest in nor do they have anything to do with RVing , so I just skip past them. I don't petition the moderators to close them.So the argument that it doesn't relate to RVs doesn't have any merit.

I like many of you come to this forum and forums like this to learn about the RVs we own the lifestyle , problem solving , and issues we share while out on the road.Sometimes it is just an escape from everyday things and after I read a little bit I feel better about whatever may have been bothering me.Coming to the forum to read about RV stuff and seeing issues like medical problems people are having , folks and pets passing away are the types of things that have Nothing to do with RVing ,yet I can see where some people may want read about them.

I have brought all this up because the 2 subjects that I have been shut down for has reared its ugly head to a fellow RVer. If any of you are RV blog followers you have no doubt heard of Tioga George. He is currently in Hermosillo Mexico and last night caught an intruder INSIDE his motor home while he was asleep, he was able to run him off but this could have gone the other way in an instant. Yes this could have happened here in the states as well, but it didn't , however the need for protection was the same no matter where it happened.

I hope that some of you will read this and realize that just because you may not feel the same way about a subject it doesn't mean that it should be closed ..Hope everyone enjoys there day...Scott
Shooterdad is offline   Reply With Quote