View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #3
66 Galaxie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
Has nothing to do with Montana’s, but breaking news in the RV Industry. This is another sad day for the word “Quality”. Newmar was previously sold. It was our retirement “most-timers” dream to purchase a quality RV that we could travel Gods country without worrying “too much” about things falling apart. Most high end RVs are out of our league, but there were a few left, and Tiffin was one. Montana’s are on the list of course. But Thor? Come on now! I would never want to own a Thor product. Is it gonna come down to one manufacturer making all RV’s? I just don’t understand why they sell out when their market is back logged. Maybe greed? My stomach sank when I heard the news. The bigger they get, quality just trickles away. We just want a quality built FW or hopefully a gasser class A that is actually affordable. And they took another one away. Just don’t understand. I’ll quit ranting. Just thought I’d post it for the folks that keep up with the Industry.
Nothing to do with greed. The Tiffin's built that company and they deserve every penny. Bob Tiffin is at least 10yrs past retirement age and none of his boys want to work until they're dead. This has been in the works for quite a while and the Tiffin's are staying on for a bit to help the transition just like the Bontrager's did at Jayco.
66 Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote