View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 06:04 AM   #30
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Don,
You don't have to have the cell phone service to have the OnStar plans. I have used the cell phone some as it is completely hands free. It uses your radio to talk to you and there is a microphone in the vehicle that hears your voice. Our Envoy came with it plus a year free service and 30 minutes on the phone, The phone charges are expensive (35 cents per minute) so you would not want to use it as your only cell phone. I bought extra minutes for the Envoy and they transferred those unused minutes to the new truck. I look at it as a safety feature more than a toy. They know if your airbag has deployed and get help immediately. We had our little truck stolen 3 times. I hope if this truck ever gets stolen they will be able to find it quickly which was not the case with the little truck. Both of the vehicles (Brutus and the Envoy) came with it. Would I order it if placing a custom order? Probably yes. Now what was included that we have decided not to continue with is the satellite radio. $12.95 per month. We can play CD's if we can't get radio reception. The basic plan after your free year is around $17 per month for OnStar. You can get other plans that tell you where restaurants, etc. are but that seemed like something we wouldn't use that much.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote