View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I learned a lot about the roof membrane by watching some of the factory tour videos. There are some available on the Keystone website and there is an excellent video from a recent thread on this forum posted by HomewiththeHoopers called “factory tour actual video”. Try searching (since I do not know how to paste a link on my iPad).;

As stated above - your membrane has likely NOT failed, but the installation glue has given up and is no longer holding the membrane to the plywood deck...so the warranty on the “glue” was 1 year from Keystone.

I don’t think there is a way to get fresh glue injected under the membrane so it will stick down. Well - maybe there is but I don’t have that sort of equipment in my garage! Maybe someone in this group will have suggestions for the next best remedy. I am curious also.

I have seen many RVs driving down the road with a bubble puffing up the roof membrane. This looks like it puts a lot of stress and pull on the membrane, and I am guessing will lead to the membrane coming loose from the front anchor points. If it happened to me I have some ideas what I might do to re-attach/re-glue and anchor it down again - but someone here will have better advice for you short of giving up and searching for a new roof.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote