View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 05:52 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I went out and looked at my cap and this is my take on the pieces and parts.
My sketch shows 3 different trim components.
1. Corner trim + vinyl insert (blue) (I am not showing the vinyl insert but this stuff can be purchased on Amazon in rolls. The vinyl insert measures to be 5/8" finished dimension) However - this piece is a long piece with a bend in it...you can't do this with straight sticks.

2. I was not able to find the (green) pre-bent corner cap trim piece or the (yellow) cap trim pieces. The green piece is a 1" wide "U" extruded shape with exposed fasteners.

I believe the cap trim will be similar to the screen shot below (alum extrusion with one long leg) - however, my cap trim does not have exposed fasteners, which leads me to believe it may be a snap cap over a trim extrusion. The vertical cap piece will have to be pre-bent to match the cap radius. The soffit trim could be bought as a straight stick and cut to length. The pieces on trekwood come in various straight stick length pieces.

I think you will need to call trekwood or print out my sketches and go to a Montana dealer to see if they can help identify the trim pieces and order them for you. Seems like I have read posts on this forum from folks that have a difficult time getting someone from trekwood on the phone. They have mentioned the name of an RV dealer that is the same company as trekwood - but I can't remember the name of the dealership. Maybe someone else can help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-19_05-45-46.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	14096   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-19_06-37-08.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	14100   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-02-19_06-10-44.jpg
Views:	7