View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Bundled and spliced wires

Sometime back I posted that my lights on the entertainment slide out quit working. This was the light on bottom of cabinet and on right sidewall,(12v) After checking all the fuses and breakers and pulling both fixtures apart and finding nothing I went under the slide and started with the capped outlet box. Using a test light I had no 12v power on the underside. I saw where the split housing tube that hold all the electrical wires went into the side panel behind the slide and noticed a big bow in the wires. On the back of the 2005 3400rl behind the slide there is a compartment to house a sewer hose, when looking in this I saw a large clump of black tape. So I had to pull part of the bottom off the get the wires to drop down. What I found is all the wires that come out of the slide, ( TV antanna wire, 120 power for tv etc, 12v wires, any power pertaining to the slide are spliced there and wrapped with electrical tape. This also gets wet and road grime up there and that is where the wires corroded and broke. Needless to say it is now fixed and protected from the elements alot better.
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote