Thread: I-4
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are correct I-4 is a well maintained interstate. It is also the East/West interstate between Tampa and Orlando. It is heavily trafficked all the time. It is particularly heavy from about Exit 55 on into Orlando because of all the attractions and tourist. We are here in October before the major Snowbird traffic and it is still really bad. Now we have the snowbirds starting to head back North and we can add Rv's of all sizes and to the mess. The traffic still moves good as anywhere there is room to do 80MPH if only 100 feet the Florida plates are doing it. If there is any room at all between you and the vehicle in front of you the Florida plates trying to get into it. We are now driving the back roads to work at Disneyworld.

The two major problems are the out of town tourist on GPS not knowing where they are and jockeying for position to exit as the GPS is telling then to do and the GPS will put them on I-4 no matter where they are going. Florida also has very aggressive drivers. Weaving in and out of traffic at 70/80 MPH seems to be a major sport. It is very interesting driving I-4.

tell you what tho the big F-350 Dually 6.4 Diesel has a lot of get up and went. I normally need to get up to 80/90 MPH when exiting out of exit 62(the Disney exit) to get into a hole I have picked out of the Westbound stream of traffic. Fun....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote