View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #111
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
This is a challenging conversation and is clearly divisive because this forum (or any forum like it) isn't the battlefield...or at least it shouldn't be. All the rants here aren't going to change the real problem.

I think that most of us agree that R. Anderson is a spoiled, self-entitled (well said, Jeffba), moron with no integrity who is a lousy example of personal and social responsibility to his family and industry. He should be far more ashamed of himself than he likely is.

I think that most of us also agree that he did not receive adequate consequences for his actions. But here's the challenge: What do you expect from a ridiculously lame legal and justice system that puts murderers, rapists, and child molesters back on the streets for the public to deal with rather than execute the justice they deserve? Our justice system doesn't execute justice so why would anyone expect bigger punishments for someone who scratches a rock? I'm not trying to minimize the importance of our national monuments, only pointing out that the battlefield is our broken system of justice that has no regard for the sanctity of life, which has far greater value than any inanimate object.

If I needed to buy a hitch I wouldn't likely buy another Anderson hitch. But I own one now...one which I bought used so Anderson really didn't get my money. I'm also not going to throw out my perfectly good hitch in some asinine display of social indignation then go out and spend more money to buy another perfectly good hitch. The only person who gets punished in that scenario is me...no impact to Anderson.

The beauty of the American Free Enterprise system is that any genius, moron, or schmuck can invent and market anything they want. The marketplace will determine whether it's successful. So buy Anderson products, don't buy them, you're free to do so. If enough of the marketplace were actually aware of Anderson's disregard for our country then his company might feel the impact of irresponsibility...time will tell.

Bottom line is that I joined this forum for 2 reasons.
  1. I recently bought a Montana and enjoy the sharing of product-specific experiences
  2. I'm a long time camper and enjoy sharing experiences with others who also enjoy camping

This thread has gone far afield of the reason I joined and don't believe that the greater issues of justice will be settled here.