Thread: ACTUAL CASH
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #44
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
There are 5 pages of replies and I've not read all of them so I may be duplicating someone else's.

We've been on the road for 10 years and, obviously, we need to occasionally replenish our supply of cash. I do not like to pay ATM fees, so we don't do that.

What we do is when we need cash we use the debit card at Walmart or any of several grocery stores. Walmart will let us get $100 cash back for each purchase. Stater Bros and Von's grocery stores limit it to $200 per purchase.

If I need more than that we split our purchases and each go through a separate checkout and each get cash. I've been known to take one thing out of the grocery cart, get cash, take out another, get cash. It's only limited by the daily debit card withdrawal limit set by my bank. When a checkout line is not busy, meaning nobody behind me, I've been known to ask them to check each of two or three items separately so I can get cash back with each purchase.

As for how much to carry, I carry anywhere from $100 to $1000. It's really rare we *have* to use cash but it does happen. I prefer to use a credit card that gives me cash back whenever I can.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote