Thread: Fire Hazard
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Fire Hazard

We made our maiden voyage for 2020 over Memorial Day weekend. Frustrating trip as I have a couple of things to fix since our return home. One of our roller shades had the bottom strip pull off. I already have the "fix" for that thanks to the MOC on facebook. A piece of trim above the passenger slide has popped loose and will require a few nails.

Most of my frustration is because of the discovery I made when we lost one leg of our 50 amp service. I took the male plug out of the fiver and took it apart to discover a poor connection, melted plastic, charred wood in the wall and what appears to be a near fire. This poor workmanship could have caused our unit to burn up if it had caught the wood on fire and spread through the rig. Scared the crap out of me when I found it. All because the person who assembled the wire to the plug left one "hot" leg short and made a bad connection at the plug.

I lucked out and found a male connection plug at a NAPA store about 5 miles up the road. Cost........$141.00. Cut all wires the same length, stripped them back and installed them properly. Re-assembled and we were good to go. I wish Keystone customer service saw this post and how close we were to having a real fire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9908.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	6412

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615 (1).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	6413