View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Hello and welcome!

I purchased clear plastic shoe box size at Wal-Mart & Target and put like things in or near where they are needed. I have had to throw away about 3/4 of the lids though as I mainly use them to keep things together and that I can pull down when needed. (If I had to count plastic boxes there would probably be 20+ shoe box size, and probably 5+ slightly larger where it will fit. That is probably most important... measure under kitchen sink and under bathroom. I have containers in back of these with other stuff in front of it.

I am not the tallest person either and have trouble with the 2nd shelf over the kitchen counter. I have cups and glasses in those and can pick the container up and have several choices in it!Consequently, the most unused but necessary at times are stored up high where a step stool or Hubby can reach.

One last thing... keep what you need if an emergency comes up that you can get to without opening slides. I keep meds & vitamins together in a cabinet in a storage container that is accessible in the entry. I also keep doggie stuff in entry way also.

Like Carol said, I do try to be aware of weight and where putting it. Books and heavy stuff opposite kitchen slide. Do not have a rear kitchen so that is not an issue with us.

ps and here I did not think I would have anything to contribute... and I have rattle on and on... sorry. Hope this helps. Make it your own!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote