View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 06:05 PM   #41
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Latest update!

We made it! We're here. We at Cullman Campground near Cullman, Alabama. Look like this will be our home away from home for the next 30 days. We slipped out of Indiana at just the right window of opportunity, because I just got a report is snowing again at home.

Got the campground "streaming" wifi package and appears all is well. Ready for work on Monday morning. Only problem is, there is an hour difference in time between Indiana and Alabama. So, local time... I'll need to be on line at 6:00 am! But the good news is ... local time ... I'll be able to log out at 2:30 pm!

Now, about Covid and the Gestapo type of scare the media was putting out about 2 months ago. Well ... nothing happened! We transitioned between states with absolutely no hint of police anywhere! Even truck weigh stations were closed, Interstate rest areas all open and a lot of traffic on the road. Once we got into Tenessee, we were seeing an RV-camper of some sort heading North about ever 3 minutes. It was kind of strange seeing so many this time of year.

Each place we stopped for fuel, potty breaks, or foods was different. Some places, no one was wearing a mask, not even the tellers. Yet the sign outside said Masks required. Others were all masks. In Kentucky, the signs said masks required anywhere on their property, even if walking around outside (state mandate). Other places, a mix of masks and no masks.

I suppose, pretty much, it's do what you want because that's what everyone else is doing. Now, I imagine there are some states and places that are much tougher. But really, this thing seems to be pretty much at the mercy of the various shop owners and what they are allowing to slip by or not.

Anyway, we made our destination! We decided to go ahead and be bold and not let unknown fear keep us at home. I think we made the right choice.

So here we are. Camper un-winterized, all set to go for 30 days and get out of that dreaded COLD Indiana!

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote