View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 10:34 AM   #12
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Sorry to say I have the Banks System in my 7.3. my sugestion go with another brand, it will be less money, and work just as good, maybe better. Banks has a lousy warrintee department too, you are paying for the sailsmans commission, and there craftsmen, leave off crafts, that install are non union, and do minnium wage work.

TT2

Don, Georgia and Smokey.
AKA: Trailer Trash 2
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel, Clydesdale, Banks Stinger, Prodigy Controler,
Pullin a Super Fine 2004 / 2980-RL
That's interesting that you didn't get good warranty work from Banks. They've taken very good care of me even when I thought I might have a problem. They have taken my truck in and made adjustments even after more than four years after initial installation. As a matter of fact, last fall when I lost my transmission, I took my truck into Gale Banks Engineering in Azusa, CA to have it checked because the people who reinstalled my transmission didn't hook everything up the way it was supposed to be. I'm really sorry that you didn't have good relations with them, but we did. Yes, it is pricey but I know a guy who had a 2000 Ford F-350 who had a generic chip put in his truck and he ruined his transmission and had to have the engine overhauled. So, I guess you pay your money and you take your choice. For me, I'd beware of generic chips installed.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote