View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
I think the 2006 had 2 inputs, one of which went directly to the tv/sat box. The new ones, like our 2009, have only one input and it is 'isolated' by the type of splitters it uses that don't work with the sat system. There is another splitter that does, don't remember the name, that has one port that works with each system, you need 2 of them, 1 at the convenience center input and the other inside. They look exactly like the common splitters, one connector on one side, two on the other. I installed the outside one so the single connector and the CC input were connected. The inside one was installed by the tv. The single input was hooked to the cable coming from the outside. The double side provided the connections to the original setup and the sat box. A google search should provide the correct name/model of splitter.
We can now hook a cable to one side and the satdish to the other side in the convenience center and switch between them using the tv's remote to select inputs, just like selecting dvd player[s] or tv.
I hope this isn't too confusing as it's been awhile since I did this mod.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote