View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #10
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762x51 View Post
I was looking for a generator that could be carried in the bed of our truck with the Montana hooked up and be able to start it when we stop for the night and have it run our AC. I had bought a WEN 56310i generator that was rated at 3100 surge and 2800 continuous watts and it ran our 15K BTU AC just fine. The problem was that it's pull start and it's really hard to get at the pull start handle when it's sitting in the bed of the truck.

Yes, I'd like to have a Honda but their price was just more than I wanted to spend for something that wouldn't be used often.

The Predator being rated at 3500 peak watts should run our AC just fine and with the electric start solve the issues I had with the WEN generator.

I have bought one when they had them on sale for $650 and the closest equivalent Honda would have been the EU3000iS that would have cost around $2,000 and has a lower wattage rating. Yes, the Predator 3500 is probably not as well built as the Honda but it's received a ton of good reviews.

A 50/30 dog bone and a long cord from the rear of the 5er to the genny? Thinking my 5er is 43' and would need a bit more to the front of the truck bed. UNLESS there is a way to wire in the battery compartment as well.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote