View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #14
Montana_5885

M.O.C. #5885
Thank everyone for the input! It's great to see a forum where ppl respond so nicely.

First, let me apologize if I ruffled feathers about the West , don't get me wrong, we LOVE it there (my choice to live there if I could)! We've made about 10 trips to Yellowstone and have run into problems with gasoline (not diesel) in the past and we were not towing an RV, so I guess we're a little "gun shy" about fuel. We have traveled most of the west by car and we know they have plenty to offer! Actually much more than here in Bama

Now, I agree with you guys about stopping for "rest" or whatever before you need fuel.....but obviously you haven't ridden with MY husband ! LOL, he thinks you drive for hours and hours before stopping. True we get there a lot faster, but these old bones are getting too old for that He says this trip we will take our time and rest along the way....we'll see.........

BTW, I found the answer to my question. I finally called Montana State Patrol.....it is legal to carry the fuel in the cans. He said it was a Federal regulation that has long as it was under 1000 gals, you are ok. So this clears the way for all the states. We know this is not the recommended way and before our next long trip, taht will be corrected, either with a new replacement tank or a Transfer tank.

Thanks for all your wonderful replies and I'm sure you'll hear more questions from me! My husband says I'm going to keep posting messages and will have a reputation before we even leave....that you guys will say "Oh You're the ones"?? lol, maybe it won't be that bad tho!
Montana_5885 is offline   Reply With Quote