View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We've used Angle Soft for years without problems. Until recently. Recently we've had a hollow gurgling sound in the toilet immediately after flushing the bowl. And a splashback when flushing, even right after dumping and flushing the tank. I don't know what the gurgling is all about but that splashback even when empty usually means a pyramid has built up and that's usually due to paper not breaking up. We put in some tissue digester and some hot water right after dumping today, so we'll see if that takes care of it. It did last time this happened.

Orv, I always did the tissue test a bit differently than you do. I always put a sheet of TP in water in a jar and shook it. If it broke up nicely and quickly, then I would use that brand. Otherwise, not. I never tried letting it sit without shaking but am now thinking that might be a better test since the black tank doesn't get shook up when we're not tooling down the road.

Although the paper passed my test we may have to switch brands if we keep having these problems. We're using the "Double Roll" Angel Soft, not the Mega Roll. Other than the touch test I don't know what difference there is between them.

I always thought "septic safe" meant the paper would disintegrate so it would flow out whatever. But I'm sure not an expert about that so maybe I'm wrong.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote