View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 11:33 AM   #31
E Rod
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21551
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandK View Post
Hello everyone, first post from a 5th wheel owner wannabe trying to learn from you all.
I am getting ready to exchange my 10 yo F-350 for a new one and I am wondering what you think about the Ford hitch. It looks a lot like a Reese in the sales book, rated 19K, but I can't find a pin weight rating on it. If I don't go that route, I was leaning toward a B&W Companion when the time comes. (probably a 3121 in the fall). The B&W is rated 20k/5K.
The truck will be an 8' bed with the gooseneck/5th wheel prep (pucks).
Both hitches are close in price although I may have some freight on the Companion unless I can get the dealer to throw it in to make the Montana deal.
The Ford hitch would be easy, it just shows up with the truck. Thoughts?
TIA
Mark
I've owned several FORD trucks with the OEM puck system and various hitches. I recently sold my FORD OEM Reese 25k hitch as I purchased the Demco. I also have the Pull Rite 2400 series similar to the Andersen , with the ISR rails. I used the Pull Rite several times and it worked well . I saw the Demco and liked that it's rated for 21k and is easy to remove. Have yet to pull the Alpine with it but looking forward to it. I would not go back to a heavy hitch. If a smaller ,lighter hitch can do the same as a bigger ,heavy one. I 'll stick to the lighter one as I'm not getting younger...

2021 F350 DRW Long Bed 6.7 Diesel Lariat Ultimate
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote