Thread: New Big Sky
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Early last year when LOML told me she wanted a 5er, I started looking very closely at the quality of new ones while she tried finding a floor plan she would be happy with. Although she found a few models of varying brands that she liked, all were really built poorly. Some were so bad that I don't think they could be used without a lengthy stay at a dealership getting fixed. There were only two brand names I found to be consistently well built that were anywhere close to our price range, but neither had a floor plan both of us liked. Once we started looking at 3+ years old and used, things changed drastically. Build quality was noticeably better no matter what brand, and we managed to agree on a floor plan. Don't know as what I saw is uniformly true, but it certainly seems that way to me. There's so many brands that claim to be high quality but aren't that I wonder what these people are thinking we 'users' are thinking. Do they really believe we'll just buy whatever they slap together for close to $100k? Guess they must!