View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:57 AM   #4
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
"B) Load your trailer with everything you will likely carry in it and haul it to the scale, while hooked up, weigh truck front axle, then weigh truck rear axle, finally weigh the trailer axle."

I am not sure how you weigh all your axles, one at a time using public Cat scales at truck stops. mhs4771 is correct, pull on the scales correctly and you will get a printed copy of steer axle weight, drive axle weight, trailer axle weight, and total weight. Unless there is a line waiting to weigh the whole process will take a few minutes, including prepaying your $10.00 and then stopping back in for your printed sheet.

I didn't go through the trouble of disconnecting and going back over the scales, then re-connecting. There are too many opportunities when we are traveling and I am bobtailing where I go to a truck stop to fill up. During one of those visits I will pay another $10.00 and run across the scale just to get my truck weight. But you do need all the axles plus total (while hooked up) plus your individual trucks weight to get the whole accurate picture. I used to have a formula saved on my computer that I would just enter the numbers and it would give me pin percentage and everything else.