View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #52
jeff_banning
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former StClairSailor View Post
Jeff, did you conduct a pre-delivery inspection? I keep seeing these issues on the forum and wonder how thorough they were checked out by the new owners. I have had my rig for two years and certainly was no where near as thorough as I thought I was. I found one online some time back and saved it. If I ever get another new rig I will follow it to the letter. And...luckily for us we have a great dealer we use for service even though we didn't purchase from them. Best of luck resolving your issues.
Well I thought I did BUT I did not force them to park it in the sun, shades up, one air running and take in a heat gun and thermometer to check temps inside freezer (it felt cold) and refrigerator (it felt cold) and main cabin felt cold (again thermostat did not show indoor temp.) I checked hot water, cold water, stool, stove, microwave, seams on furniture material, shades, hydraulics, slides, slam latches, tvs, stereo, lights in and out, looked at all internal trim pieces, etc. About 2 hours inside and around camper in "their bay". Would be my 5th camper, I know you find little things on first trip but air and fridge were not noticeable issues at dealer while parked in bay.

I also will never sign on dotted line again for a particular VIN trailer (they have you on that unit even if it needs repairs) before doing a full inspection, outside, parked in a hot sun, and with a heat gun and meter with temp gauge in hand.
2017 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L PS 4:10's
Monett, MO
jeff_banning is offline   Reply With Quote