View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 04:48 AM   #21
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
JUST A COUPLE COMMENTS ON WHAT WAS SAID ABOVE.

FUEL PRICES: We are spending a couple weeks at our Daughter's 5 acre ranch near Newalla, OK.

I note there is a station selling diesel fuel for $1.75+9/10 along the Newalla Road about 4 or 5 miles North of I-40 at exit 172 approx.
There is an exit sign labeled Newalla Road.

Best price from here North 800 miles along us 81 and I-135 and I-35 at this time. We will leave here with full tanks for sure in another 10 days Az bound.
--------------------------------------
Price continued to drop to $1.68.9 at this Citco Station before we left OC. area.
--------------------------------------

BAD ROAD: Last time we drove on Louisiana I-10, now almost 2 years ago. It was our maiden Montana voyage and we were having Ne
wbie Nervousness, a leaky window or two and some electronic truck problems so I was probably not in the best humor as I commented on
the "The Worst Interstate Highay in The Country"
In fact it is just a heavily traveled highway with no close alternative routes and it has reached the end of its economical life cycle. I suspect that it is now in the reconstruction and resurfacing phase which can go on for 5 years or forever depending on financing available highway use etc., Driving on Bandaids forever is not something to look forward to gladly. But even with enough funds for a reasonable construction schedule some inconvenience is bound to happen. As we endure the trip through that area we can comfort ourselves by imagining the letters those highway managers must be getting from the other Highway Users.

Drive careful.

Now I will go read the Escappes
forum.

Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote