View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #16
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
Good information on the new Chevrolet’s. But until you drive a one ton dually, the comments will never slow down. Several proud owners on board.
And until you have owned and towed with both a 3/4 and a one ton your really are not the best judge of the difference either!!

When I made the switch, I was shocked at just how much of a difference the wider stance on the dually made in stability and how much better it handled the load in general.

You will note that I don't mention anything about brands. My comments are strictly related to safety. I'm not PROUD of owning a 1 ton dually. I bought it because it is the RIGHT vehicle for the job! I put up with the wide back end because I bought the truck to do one thing TOW period, exclamation point and end of story.!

If you need a SRW because you can't afford the better option or your too soft to handle the ride of the dually then so be it. That's your business and you won't see me flagging the police down to chase after you about it. BUT when you get on here and recommend something less than or marginal to someone new to towing that is asking for advice then yeah I am going to call you out on it!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote