View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #104
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Judy,
I can't help but feel that one of my posts contributed to the negativity that led up to this topic. Although it wasn't meant to be a negative topic, I can see after rereading my post that it could be easily misinterpreted. I think in the future I will write out my posts and reread them several times before sending to make sure that it cannot be misunderstood.

I feel that everything cannot be broken down into positive and negative. There is some middle ground. For example, if I post that my muffler bearing blew up, that would not be positive or negative, just a fact of life to deal with. I would hope that someone on the forum could help me through the repairs. Likewise, if I disagreed with a post and replied something to the effect of: "I disagree with what you are saying and here are my reasons why." That is not negative but is fostering open dialog between differing opinions. Some of the differing opinions in this forum have helped me decide which tow vehicle to buy and have given me good advice on which model and options to choose when I buy the Montana. On the other hand, if I called the poster an idiot for not thinking my way, I should think that the wrath of the administrators should descend and I should expect to face a firing squad at dawn and my uncalled for negative post should be deleted.

Facts of life and differing opinions should be welcome and openly discussed. Name calling and put downs should be banned. If anyone has a differing opinion, I hope that open debate is welcome.
Don
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote