View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #10
mmrxboss
Established Member

M.O.C. #1425
Am just finishing removal of the decals on my 36 ft '04. I am using both a heat gun and a hair dryer. BE CAREFUL with the heat gun! To much heat will melt some of the coach. It is NOT all the same material. On mine the cargo doors and coach door are more of a plastic material. Now, ask me how I know this My front door is an example.

After the decal is removed you will be left with the adhesive. I use lacquer thinner and a 2 inch chip brush. Carefully brush a light coat of the thinner onto the adhesive, allowing the adhesive to soak up the thinner. Repeat until adhesive is soft. The brush is a good way to work the thinner into the adhesive. Then I use pieces of paper towel to wipe the adhesive off. When I am done with a section I wet a clean paper towel and work the section to ensure that all adhesive has been removed. Some of the thinner, full of adhesive will run down the side of the coach. It is a mess but the results are so much better.

Using a 6 inch var speed buffer from Harbor Freight, I then apply some compound I got from the auto parts store called TR3. Don't know exactly what it is; got started with it and it works well.

The shadow of the old decal is still visible but the coach looks a heck of a lot better. I agree that the fiberglass looks cracked under the decals.

Damn you Keystone for the crappy decals!
mmrxboss is offline   Reply With Quote