View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tom41

I know I ask this before but have lost the info given. I have the verizon air card in my laptop, now Nancy has bought her a computer, and I would like to know what type of router that can be used that will accept the verizon air card where both laptops can get online. I have the air card , not the USB type. thanks again
Tom
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tom41

Dang!! that Kyocera KR2 router, those people are sure PROUD" of that router, its "only" $200.00 lol! plus it said you have to have a data plan with my provider to use it. Guess I'll just use the one computer except when we are where free wifi is in a campground. thanks anyway
Tom
Tom,
You say you have an Air Card in the first quote. Is it a Cell phone Air Card or a WIFI card? If it is a WIFI card then the second quote is correct. If it is an AIR Card then it should work with the router and you existing plan.
I know the Router we used (demoed) at the Fall Rally from Alex 3GStore accepted two types of Air Cards. One was the USB 727 cause that is what I have. The other was a PCMCIA (I Think) that is why I suggest you check with a competent individual.
Yes the cost of the router is about 200plus but the one demonstrated has multiple features making it better than the $100 small router I have.
Good luck.
Cheers,

Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote