Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2023, 08:11 AM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvair View Post
Hi this is Ed just purchased a 2005 Montana 3650 RK need to pickup later this week or early next. Has been setup on seasonal site for 3 years has 5 year old tires that look great. I don’t have a tow vehicle but a good friend does that will go with me to pick it up that has towed trailers for many years. Anything I need to know to hitch this unit up and tow it about 180 miles to my site location?
First of all, welcome to the MOC.There's a lot to consider. Tires, brakes, suspension and lights to start with.
  • What brand of tires? 5 years old tires worry me. Tires may look good but age out at 5 years.
  • When is the last time the bearings were greased?
  • When was the last time the suspension was greased and inspected?
  • And of course check all the lights.
Take a jack with you. Jack up each wheel individually and spin it to make sure its free. Also take a grease gun and pump some grease into the bearings and wet bolts if equipped.

It might be in your best interest to install a TPMS system to monitor tire temp and pressure while towing.

Here is just one example. https://www.campingworld.com/tiremin...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Good luck!