Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Head Banger Door Easy Fix

Click image for larger version

Name:	Head Banger door Easy Fix.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	5491

Well I did it. Flipped the Head Banger Door upside down and reattached (yeah I know picture is sideways. Not sure how to fix that on here). Took me about 15 minutes total including filling in the old hardware holes. Now the door opens towards the middle of the unit and is not in the path of your head as you walk up the steps thru the main door. You could still conceivably hit your head on it but it is far less likely.

This would take EXACTLY the same amount of time/labor and hardware as mounting it the way the factory does. Anyone who has ever hit their head on that door (which would be anyone over 5'10" that has ever setup a camper that has this door) would realize this is a "no brainer" or maybe in this case a brain saver LOL.

IF Keystone employees ever setup their own units at a campground and they missed this obvious easy fix then that speaks volumes for how much they care about actually improving the usability of the units for end users (IE: the folks on this forum)!! It would be yet another example of Keystone only being concerned about moving the units out to their customers (IE: DEALERS) who in turn do not go camping in them and would not even know about such issues or probably care about getting them right......

HEY KEYSTONE IF YOUR REPS ACTUALLY READ THESE POSTS HOW ABOUT A SHOUT OUT ON THIS ONE........
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote