View Single Post
Old 10-09-2004, 02:11 AM   #1
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
Any experience with a broken window?

Got home from work yesterday and discovered the emergency exit window in the bunk room was broken. Fully shattered with a hole the size of a grape fruit. Called all my nearby dealers and nobody can even look at it before the end of November. Called local glass shops who all said call the dealer. Called Keystone who said the whole window (frame and all) would need to be replaced and that a dealer would have to order the window, none of the dealers will order the window without seeing the unit and measuring the window (earliest they will do it is the end of November). I used packing tape over the entire window to hold the remaining glass in place and "seal" the window to avoid water damage until I can get the window fixed. Some of the windows have a rubber strip on the inside to remove the glass, unfortuncately this one does not or I would buy a piece of glass and try and round the corners myself. Has anyone else ever broken a window and if so did you really have to replace the entire frame?
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote