View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #9
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
For Dallas area, I would normally recommend I-35E to I-20 east to I-635 north to I-30 east toward Texarkana. But I-35E thru the Waxahachie area has a lot of construction with narrow lanes with concrete barriers. I would probably still do that as it is only maybe 10 miles or so to have to worry about. And traffic does flow smoothly thru there. The only other IH option would be I-35W to I-20 east to I-635 north to I-30. A little longer. And I don’t know about construction on I-35W as I haven’t been thru there lately. Either way do it mid day or weekends.
Many people prefer to use smaller highways to bypass Dallas to the east. And there will likely be some people well aquatinted with those who will comment and can give you advice on those. But smaller highways thru a lot of small towns is not what I normally choose.

Returning, if you will be coming back down I-35 from OK then take I-35W thru Ft. Worth. Don’t go thru Dallas.
Don’t take I-35 W through the down town area of Ft. Worth! Lots of construction, narrow lanes, and a traffic nightmare . Take 820 around Ft. Worth. Longer, but much easier on the nerves! It’s white knuckle time if you go straight through.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote