View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #22
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kozzy

ill be getting new tires seems the g614 are the way to go. I'm hoping to get one year out of the current ones, spent lot of money this year already on the brand new camper, I need a recharge year.
I went through the same thought process 3 years ago. The dealer put shiny new Marathons on our new-to-us Montana. I didn't heed the warnings of the folks on this forum for the same reason you expressed. I did buy a TPMS though, so at least I'd know if and when the &$#& hit the fan. I got through that season, but found a bubble on the inside sidewall of one tire when we got home from our last trip that year. The camper never rolled on those tires again. I put the G614's on it the following spring. Now, we are weekend warriors and don't run too heavy, and I kept a close eye on the pressures (the TPMS helped), but I narrowly avoided a blowout. It's just not worth it. I'm only telling you this so you know you're not the first to make the decision you're making. Hopefully, you can get away with it, but I tend to agree with Rondo. Live and learn.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote