View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #24
D A Busman
Established Member

M.O.C. #22371
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Yeah all good advice. They are still going back and forth with me, I have already wrote it off. I told them to come look at it, they don't need to give me anything at all, just come look. They want me to drive it to them, or hold it. I offered to hold it for them until the weekend after memorial day for a $3000 ( less than 10%) fully refundable deposit. Then they could drive and look at it, and buy it for the remaining balance, or drive away with there $3000 back. Today they sent me a text and said they were uncomfortable giving a refundable deposit of that amount, and that a local dealers hold them for $500 LOL I didn't have the heart to explain to them that the dealer will take $500 if they purchased it, and needed time to finalize the paperwork. But yeah, if they don't want to drive that short of distance, I have given up. Bottom line, they can come anytime they want and see it for nothing, zip, zero ...crazy...anyways...still for sale..
Next they will want to send you a cashiers check and send someone to pick it up for them. Trust me these are not buyers!! No one would not be willing to drive up there and see it. This is common behavior with Craig’s list and Offer Up. Pay pal can be hacked too so for me a cashiers check I can go cash before they leave with the unit. Can’t be too cautious now days. Good luck!!
D A Busman is offline   Reply With Quote