View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 11:33 PM   #36
RBul31
Established Member

M.O.C. #26968
We have been in Texas for the last couple of Snows that they had. The first one we were just north of the snow but Saw the remnants when we went to Lake Whitney,
Then we moved down to Lake Medina and this has been a rough ride. We were without water for 5 days. (Pipe froze underground.) We stayed warm in the RV and only went out when we were out of something. Then we picked our days to avoid the bad road conditions. We are from Iowa so driving on the snow is not foreign to me but The Texas Folk...It is a whole new world.
I hate to sound mean but the key to Black Ice is...Stay off it. They put out warnings days in advance of the snow storm and predicted pretty accurately the amounts and the Temperature during these days. From what I saw in this campground was Everyone Bundling up to ride out the storm. No one took the chance on the Black Ice, Wind and Cold. Years ago in the Army when we had Cold Weather training when it got as bad as it was the past week in Texas we bundled up and stayed safe.
I am glad they didn't get hurt but they really have a messed up rig. I hope they come out alright with the insurance.
RBul31 is offline   Reply With Quote