View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #17
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I will never leave the valves open. I think allowing the tanks to fill allows for keeping the tanks cleaner. I can only imagine that if one leaves the valves open, the more solid stuff eventually collects to the sides of the water path and with any kind of warm weather, these solids will harden too much. Then trying to allow the fill will NOT remove these hardened substances resulting in problem later. I also imagine letting the tanks to fill keeps all debris wet and soluble and therefore able to evacuate the tanks more thoroughly.

Every couple days, I empty both gray tanks (they are usually about or almost full), then on the third time I do this, I dump the black tank first, flush it out real good and close the valve (then backfill with a couple toilet bowls full of water plus the deodorizer concentrate). THEN I dump both grey tanks tight afterwards to clean out whatever might be leftover in the plumbing and now the gray tanks are empty, too. This procedure also helps not having to remember to close the gray valves to collect it for the black tank flush. Keeping the valves closed also keeps any orders way down, too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote