View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:58 AM   #107
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 8e3k0

Actually my manuals, came in two different bags with duplication on some items, such as axles, appliances, inverters etc. (you have to verify what is physically loacted in your unit . Yes it would be nice to have a Maintenance book similar to the Automotive industry. This could include service procedure and frequencies, but I assume that takes administrative duties to set up, update etc. and all adds to cost of the unit. I would also like to see a parts book along with schmatics that is available for purchase either in electronic format or hard copy. Relating to other purchases of Ag. equipment, we also order the tech and parts manuals for future repairs and preventative Maint. Confusing and challenging. Maybe that is why we have a base of a one year warranty with most RV manufactures rather than a 3 year similar to the Automotive business. Some of us may not have the chance to use that RV very little in the first year so some items, systems, and appliances may never get the test till later on when the warranty is no longer valid.
We resemble that remark. We bought our truck and trailer a year before retiring and only had it our one time during the one year warranty. Then, 4 months after the warranty expired, we hit the road for Alaska. How's that for a shake down cruise? Fortunately, we had very few problems, and were able to fix them all for free (as in my labor) or very little cost.

As for the manual, I think cost would be pretty minimal, since most the units use the same components, and even when they differ (such as axle ratings) maintenance remains the same. I mentioned in another post that I would also like a list of components with manufacturer's name and model numbers. I would think this information would already be on a build sheet, so it shouldn't be difficult to provide.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote