Thread: Gel coat luster
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 08:05 PM   #10
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by c214dick View Post
Due to health reasons I have been neglecting the exterior of my 2016 Montana.
Feeling much better I washed it over the last two days and was happy with the results.
One thing I did notice was a lack of the original luster on the gel coat. I have found a number of products, available, claiming the same outcome, all good.
What have you found that worked for you. I do not have a buffer and would be doing small sections by hand.
Thx
Use the 303 Marine/Vinyl cleaner/protectant for your decals. (Amazon) Does a great job and they look new when you are done. I use a Marine polish for my fiberglass, then use a polymer wax/Polish like Nu Finish (orange bottle) after that. They can’t call it a wax, and it’s not really a polish, its a polymer. Do not use this on your decals. I did once without damage but they say not to. I like this for the long lasting durability. I also use the McGuires car wash soap with the wax in it. Also a great product. As others have suggested, get a good quality polisher. Good money spent. Don’t cheap out. Don’t need top of the line but get something decent. I’m 70 and wouldn’t even consider trying to polish/ wax my RV by hand. You will regret it. Remember to wipe polish off while still wet. When applying wax or Nu Finish, remember a THIN coat is what you want, and I mean thin. The surface can only hold so much product. Most people waste their wax by applying to much, which makes it harder to remove. Hope this helps.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote